- Personal data collected from the user
We collect different types of personal data from you for the purposes described in this Policy, including:
- Contact information (including name, date of birth, nationality, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number and other personal data) that you may provide by filling in forms on the Website e.g. to subscribe to our newsletter and to register and create an account with the Website;
- Personal data that may be contained in communications sent to us by you, for example, to report a problem or to express questions, concerns or comments about the Website or its contents;
- Information from surveys that may be conducted from time to time on the Website for research purposes if you agree to answer or participate in such surveys;
- Personal information collected by third parties, such as data that you agree to share with us on publicly accessible social networks (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and/or that we may collect from other publicly accessible databases.
The user is not obliged to provide such information. The provision of personal data by the user (in particular personal information, e-mail, address, telephone numbers) is necessary in order to be able to process any request at the Website, to be able to provide other services offered by the Website at the user’s request, or when personal data is required to properly fulfil legal and regulatory obligations. If you refuse to provide us with personal information necessary for these purposes, we may not be able to process your requests for products on the Website or to properly fulfil our legal and other regulatory obligations. Therefore, failure to provide personal data may, in some cases, constitute a legitimate and justified impediment for us not to process your requests on our Website or not to provide the services offered on our Website.
The communication of personal data for purposes other than those required by legal or contractual obligations and to properly consult our services with the necessary traffic data is, on the contrary, optional and has no effect on the use of the Website and the services offered by the Website or on the purchase of products from the Website. At all stages, we will inform you whether the provision of your personal data is compulsory or optional by marking with an appropriate symbol (*) the information requested or the data required for the purchase of products and/or the provision of services requested on the Website.
- Minimum age
Protecting the safety and privacy of children is very important to us. We will not voluntarily collect or use personal information from anyone under the age of sixteen (16) years, or under any other age limit imposed by applicable law in your country of residence. By registering with the Website, you confirm that you are of legal age in your country of residence.
- Use of the user’s personal data
Whenever personal data are processed, such processing is done on a lawful ‘justification’ (or legal basis). In most cases, the processing of personal data will be justified for one of the following reasons:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the user or the performance of procedures required by the user to enter into a contract (e.g. sales contract);
- processing is necessary to enable us to fulfil a legal obligation;
- processing is our legitimate interest as a company, over which the interests, rights or fundamental freedoms of the user do not prevail. Our legitimate interests may include our interest in using the personal data of customers and users of the Website in order to carry out and develop our business activities (including carrying out normal marketing activities), with potential and current customers and users of the Website; and in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- if the processing is consequent upon the user’s prior and explicit consent, such as for split and personalised marketing activities.
Personal data is processed for the following purposes:
The processing of personal data is justified on the following legal grounds:
provide the user, at his request, with the services and information offered through the Website
Execution of a contract
Verify and complete financial transactions in relation to payments made by the user
Execution of a contract
Improving and customising our products, services and business activities in general, such as monitoring preferences for our products and interactions with the Website.
For our legitimate interest in improving our products and services
Carrying out data analysis and market research
For our legitimate interest to improve the knowledge of our customers and to improve our services accordingly
Perform data enrichment, such as analysing what your product preferences are and your interactions with the Website together with data collected by third parties, such as data that you agree to share with us via social networks (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and/or that we may collect from publicly accessible databases
Upon receipt of explicit consent from the user
Maintaining correspondence with the user in order to resolve queries and complaints
Upon receipt of explicit consent from the user
To send you marketing communications containing news, information and updates about our products and services, offers, promotions and special events, and other marketing communications that may be of interest to you (by SMS, email or telephone), and to personalise your experience with us according to your interests and shopping habits and to improve our services, in particular through profiling.
Subject to receipt of explicit consent from the user and our legitimate interest in informing our customers and potential customers about updates to our services and products
- Disclosure of the user’s personal data
Your personal data may be disclosed to any of our affiliated companies, or service providers who assist us in providing the services we offer, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or carrying out other activities, from time to time.
Your personal data can only be accessed by authorised personnel of Andrea Versali and its affiliated companies, as well as service providers acting on our behalf upon request. It may also be necessary to transfer your personal data from your country of residence to other countries, in particular to countries in which we operate; some of these countries are subject to a data protection adequacy decision of the European Commission, while other countries, such as the United States, are not. To ensure that the protection of your personal data is consistent with applicable law, any such transfers outside your country of residence or the European Economic Area will be made in accordance with the provisions of the EU Model Clauses, the EU-US or CH-US Privacy Shield Scheme, Binding Corporate Clauses or other acceptable legal devices of which you may request a copy through email@example.com.
We will also respond to requests relating to personal data where we are required to do so by law or where we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with requests arising from legal proceedings, a court order, a request from a legislative body or any other legal process in which we are involved.
We attach high importance to the security of all personal data associated with our users. We have taken security measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration and unauthorised disclosure or access. For the best possible protection of the user’s personal data outside our control, the user’s devices must be protected (e.g. with up-to-date antivirus systems) and the user’s Internet provider must take appropriate measures to ensure the security of data transmission over the network (e.g. firewalls and spam filters).
Although we take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee that the personal data you disclose to us will be 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that there will be no data breaches.
The user accepts the security implications arising from online exchanges on the Internet and will not hold Andrea Versali or the data processors responsible for any data breaches, unless this is due to our negligence.
- Storage of your personal data
Our general approach is to retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes relevant to the purpose of collection; as a general rule, we will retain your personal data for a period of three years after the end of the relationship or your last contact with us, except where local law requires otherwise. However, in some circumstances, we may retain personal data for longer periods of time, for example when we are required to do so by legal, tax or accounting requirements.
In certain specific circumstances we may also retain your personal data for longer periods of time, subject to applicable statutory limits, so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any claims or subpoenas.
- User rights
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- Right to withdraw your consent: where applicable, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. For example, if you no longer wish to receive marketing communications electronically, you can change your user account settings on the Website, use the “unsubscribe” link provided in our emails, or contact us directly, and we will stop sending you our communications.
- Right of access, rectification and deletion: you have the right to request access to and receive a copy of your personal data in our possession, to request the correction of any inaccurate data and to request the deletion of your personal data in special circumstances. The user can consult and update most of his or her data independently online, or can contact us directly by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to data portability: under certain circumstances, you have the right to receive all personal data that you have communicated to us in a structured, commonly used and computer-readable format; you may also ask us to transmit such data to another Data Controller where this is technically feasible.
- Right to restrict processing: you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data where:
- you dispute the accuracy of your personal data until we have taken sufficient steps to correct or verify its accuracy;
- the processing is not legitimate, but the user does not want the data to be deleted;
- we no longer need your personal data for processing purposes, but you need such data to initiate, enforce or defend legal proceedings; or
- the user has objected to the justified processing on the basis of a legitimate interest (see below), pending verification of whether we have a legitimate basis overriding his interests for continuing the processing.
Where personal data is subject to such restrictions, it will only be processed with your consent for the purposes of initiating, enforcing or defending legal action.
- Right to object to justified processing based on legitimate interests: in cases where our processing of personal data is based on legitimate interests, you will have the right to object to such processing. If you object to such processing, we will be obliged to stop processing, unless we can demonstrate the existence of compelling legitimate grounds which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms or where it is necessary for us to process such data in order to commence, enforce or defend legal proceedings. In cases where we rely on our legitimate interest as a justification for processing, we believe we can demonstrate such urgent legitimate grounds, but each case will be examined on an individual basis.
- Right to object to processing for marketing purposes: where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to such processing at any time.
The user also has the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if he/she believes that the processing of his/her personal data is in breach of the applicable legislation.
For further information on user rights, to exercise your rights, or if you have any complaints or queries regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that we may ask for proof of your identity and reserve the right to charge fees where permitted by law, for example if the request is clearly unfounded or excessive. We will make every effort to respond to your request as quickly as possible, and in any case within the applicable time frame.
- Modifications to this Policy
From time to time, we may make changes to this Policy, for example to comply with new requirements imposed by applicable law or to meet technical requirements. The updated Policy will be published on the website. We may also inform you of material changes in order to obtain your consent for such changes where required by applicable law. You are therefore invited to consult this page periodically.
Method of acceptance
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that is sent to your browser and saved on your device when you visit a website such as andreaversali.it (‘the site’). Cookies allow the site to function efficiently and improve its performance. They also provide information to the site owner for statistical or advertising purposes, mainly to personalise your browsing experience by remembering your preferences (e.g. remembering the language and currency you have set, to recognise you on your next visit, etc.).
What cookies do we use and for what purposes?
Our site uses various types of first-party cookies (set up and managed by BERVIN), third-party cookies (set up and managed by third parties according to their own privacy policies and not under the control of BERVIN S.R.L.) and similar technologies, each of which has a specific function. Below is an explanatory table.
|TYPE OF COOKIE||FUNCTION|
|Browsing cookies||From the first time you log in, these cookies allow the site to function correctly and allow you to view content on your device by recognising the language and market of the country from which you choose to connect. If you are a registered user, they will recognise you and give you access to the services in the dedicated areas. Navigation cookies are technical cookies and are necessary for the operation of the site.|
|Functional Cookies||These cookies make it possible, on the basis of your request, to recognise you on subsequent visits, so that you do not have to enter your details each time you visit (e.g. ‘recognise me next time’). If you have added items to your wishlist and closed the session without deleting them, these cookies allow you to continue to see your favourite products the next time you visit the site (within a limited period) and to find the items you have selected. Functional cookies are not essential to the operation of the site, but they improve the quality and experience of browsing.|
|Analytical Cookies||Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google uses the data collected to track and examine the use of this website, to prepare reports on its activities and to share them with other Google services.|
Google may use the data collected to contextualise and personalise the ads in its advertising network.
|First and third party marketing and profiling cookies||These cookies are designed to create user profiles in order to send you marketing messages that match the preferences you have expressed during your visit or to improve your browsing experience: while you are browsing our site these cookies are useful to show you products that interest you or that are similar to those you have viewed. Third-party cookies are those sent by third-party companies that we trust. These cookies allow us to offer you our commercial proposal on other affiliated websites (retargeting). For third party cookies, we have no control over the information provided by the cookie and do not have access to that data. This information is fully controlled by the third party companies as described in their respective policies. To view these third-party cookies, learn about their policies and manage your consent or refusal, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com.|
|Social Network Cookies||These cookies are needed to allow your social account to interact with our site. They are used, for example, to let you express your appreciation and share it with your social friends. Social network cookies are not necessary for browsing. For more information on the Social Network’s cookie usage policies, please refer to their respective privacy and cookie policies:|
How can I disable cookies and manage my preferences?
Most browsers are configured to accept, control or possibly disable cookies through their settings. Please note, however, that disabling navigation or functional cookies may result in the unsatisfactory operation of the site and/or limit the service we offer. Below is the path to follow to manage cookies from the following browsers:
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows7/block-enable-or-allow-cookies
Data access and customer service
You may freely and at any time exercise your rights under Art. 7 of the Privacy Code, or receive assistance and explanations on how to exercise consent or selective denial or how to delete cookies from your browser, by sending an email from the Contacts page or to firstname.lastname@example.org or by written request addressed to Bervin S.r.l. at the postal address of the registered office in the Contacts section, we will promptly reply.